Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A sad day

I am shaking as I start this post but feel the need to write. I'm sure many of you have heard but in case you haven't, my older brother Jesse passed away yesterday. I found him in one of our upstairs bedrooms. He has been living here in our home with us since August.

I'm having such a difficult time processing this all. I am in shock. This has been the most eternally long day. It feels like everything is just in slow motion. My heart is broken for Jesse, my heart is broken for our family, but most of all I think my heart is broken for my mother and father. I cannot hold Lucy enough. We have had many kind offers from neighbors and friends to watch her for us but she is the sunshine of this home. She is our firstborn baby, our oldest child. And Jess was my parents'. He was once their tiny baby boy. And I ache so very badly for them.

I am grateful to know that Heavenly Father is aware of us. He has been with us through this all. We have felt Him. Thank you so much for so many of you who have expressed love and support during this time. Please keep our family in your prayers. We love you Jesse.

21 comments:

Miller Family said...

I am so so sorry for your loss. Please know you and your family will be in our prayers.

Challis said...

Oh my gosh Meradith...I am so, so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now. I am sure there truly are no words though. I know there is really nothing I can say to bring you any peace, but I sincerely hope your family finds the peace and comfort they need to get through this. I will be thinking of you guys....

stacy h. said...

mera, i have been so sick for you guys all day. i am devastated for you and your family. love you guys.

Melissa said...

thinking of you and your family. this was so premature for him and those that care about him. sending my prayers.-Missy (Ginkel)

Frankman's said...

Oh Mer! We're so sorry for your loss. I wish we lived closer. Please know that we love you guys and are praying for you. If there is anything I can do, please call me, my new number is 513.340.2177. I love you!

Unknown said...

Mera I'm so incredibly sorry for you and your sweet family. I am so saddened by this news.
Please call me when you feel up to it.
Also let me know when you will be at your parents and I will be there.

Handsfullmom said...

I'm so sorry for your loss and what your whole family is going through. I can't imagine the pain of losing a child. I've been praying for you constantly since yesterday and will continue. Please let us know how we can help.

Jordyn Parry said...

oh Meradith, I'm so sorry! Please let me know if there's anything I can do for you or your sweet family!

Haylie said...

I love you Mera..you and your family are in my prayers.

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

Meradith, Meg told me yesterday, I am so sorry for your loss. We will keep you in our prayers.

Courtney said...

You're very very much in our prayers.

Kent Kate & Afton said...

I am so sorry. I ache just thinking about how you must feel. But I am so grateful to feel your strong faith in this post. It is inspiring. You will be in our prayers.

Nicole said...

Meradith,

I didn't know Jesse very well and believe you and I only met at Tiff and Abe's wedding, but I truly love your whole family and am so, so sorry. I can't get your family out of my mind and have been praying for all of you since Tiff called me. Your family is wonderful and strong and so warm and easy to love, and I hope you can gain comfort in being together during this heartbreaking time.

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. I don't really have words, but we will keep you and your family in our prayers.

Ragen & Kelsi Darrington Family: said...

Mer- My sister told me yesterday about it. I am so sorry and will keep you in my prayers as well as your loving family. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate. Love ya!

Kate Call said...

oh meradith, i wish there was something i could say other than i'm so terribly sorry. you have been on my mind all day, and my whole heart goes out to you and your family. you will be in our prayers.

Rachel said...

Our prayers are with your family at this tough time. We're glad you have cute little Lucy to bring you joy in this time of sadness...

The Laters said...

I am so sorry! Let me know if I can do anything for your family besides pray.

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

I don't know what to do for you...know that we love you and will keep calling (because we love you). Anything you need...we're here!

jodeeharris said...

So very sorry for you and your family at this time, meradith. I'm not sure if there is anything harder than the loss of a cherished loved one. Love to you. You'll all be in my prayers.

Leah said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I couldn't even imagine the way you and your family are feeling. My thoughts and prayers have been with you since JD told me about it. I have wanted to comment on your blog for awhile since you left me your sweet comment and am so mad at myself that this is the time that I do it... so forgive me for the bad timing! I am also going to admit that I have been checking your blog for about a year, and I find you very entertaining! I actually tried leaving you a comment last year to one of your posts that literally made me laugh out loud... but for whatever reason the comment wouldn't go through and then I took it as a "sign" that I shouldn't. So stupid! I didn't think you would really remember me anyhow! But since your husband technically is now employing my husband I am going to add you! And now I won't feel like such a blog stalker either ;) Your little girl is adorable and is going to LOVE having a little sister too, congrats! And I also wanted to comment on your post about the evolution of your hair... you are hilarious and I am jealous that you can pull off literally any hairstyle on earth!! Sorry...never intended this to go on and on and on... !