Amy took these pictures for us last week. And looking at the ones with Lucy make me cry. I have been extra weepy lately (ex: yesterday in Sunday school, I was whispering to Jason about something and he told me, "I don't want to talk about it right now, we can another time". I told him he was being judgy and self righteous, and that I never tell him not to talk to me even if it's during sunday school and nothing remotely related to spiritual things. And then I turned and felt the all too familiar sting set in as my eyes welled up with tears. Crying about 3 or 4 times a day as of late.) As I have said before, having this baby makes the reality set in that Lucy is not a baby anymore. I don't want her to grow anymore. I want to freeze time. I've felt like this every day since she was born. I have never wanted the next stage to come. It's always exciting but throughout these past 20 months, I have shed many tears over the arrival of the next stage. I don't ever want her to stop thinking Jason and I are the cat's meow. (I think of those teens out there who think their parents are lame and it just makes me shudder. And then I imagine me trying to convince her of how cool I once was and how I know what's up and then how the desperation would make me a lame mom.) I don't want her to say any more words. Her vocabulary is exploding right now. She has always said, "gaw!" for frog but she isn't saying it anymore because she's realizing she isn't saying it correctly. So gaw is evolving. And I hate it. She says, "wabi," for water and that's the way I want it to stay forever. (Yes that's right, when she's 18 and on a date I prefer that she order a glass of ice-wabi.) But I'll inevitably go into another depression when she actually starts saying the word, "water". I don't want her to ever stop wanting to hold my hand when she is winding down for a nap or bedtime, I don't want her to stop shoving her hand down my shirt to feel the skin on my upper arm for her comfort. I realize that those little quirks probably won't work for her in 15 years, so we've just got to do something to keep her miniature. She is just the perfect size right now for my arms.
I guess I've just been kindof sad for her lately because this new little boo-boo is so close to arriving and I don't want to have to divide my attention. Even though I know the drill, it helps them be socially balanced, helps them learn to adapt, siblings are the greatest thing ever, etc. etc. yada yada yada. Trust me. I know, I'm obsessed with my siblings. It's still just the fact that a huge transition is headed our way and the little dear has no idea it's even coming.
Don't know if my heart can withstand any more of this mother love. I keep being told that it can and it will, just the same with this second tiny girl. But sometimes it feels burdensome to love so much.
P.S. I am 100% effaced, at 3 centimeters, and having lots of fun contractions. So it could be any day now! Doc asked this morning if I wanted my membranes stripped, and I told him not yet. I have a hair appointment on Thursday that we need to make it to. So I'll keep you posted. :)








9 comments:
Yeah!!! You are so close, I'm so excited for you. The fact that Max is SO big compared to Zoe was a huge shock to me. I know, I know, it is obvious that he is, but everytime i look at max now, it's amazing to me how much he has grown over the last two years and how he's not my baby anymore!! the recovery for number 2 was SO much easier. freak, the whole delivery was so much easier! so that was really nice about it. i can't wait for you to hold your new little girl! i'm excited you are already dialated to a three!! i am going to be stalking your blog over the next few days!!
Haha, gotta make that hair appointment!! That's way exciting news, I bet you go soon! And those pictures are absolutley BEAUTIFUL. You look amazing! Love them.
you look great, i love the pregnancy pictures!
Beautiful pictures pretty mama! Good luck to you and your family. What an amazing adventure you have ahead of you! :)
Hi :) I loved this post. Those pictures are gorgeous!! I especially love the one of all three of you on the couch and the one with you and Lucy when she is raising her shirt too ;)
I have the sweetest memories of when Caleb was that little. He used to say "college" cheese for cottage cheese and wallermelon for watermelon. I guess he had a hard time with those "t's". When I see pictures of him so cute and tiny I can barely take it and wish for one more day with him during that stage.
My favorite part of this post is when you said she reaches down your shirt to feel the skin on your upper arm. That is so sweet. I have a baby just like that- well actually a big boy but we still call him a "baby" since no one has come along to claim that title in our house- haha!
I cannot wait to see pics of her!! Everything will be awesome. And PS- totally normal to be feeling everything that you are. Good luck!! We will be thinking of the Chrisitansens :) Oh another PS- love the new last name! Well not to new, but I never told ya :)
meraboo, can't believe you are so close to havin baby girl #2... SERIOUS... i feel like we should be teenagers driving around in my Celica stalking boys and causin drama... SERIOUS ! haha but no, we are having BABIES.. and LOTs of em in our group of friends...and they are pretty, too :) i love it!! if i don't talk to you before you have her, know that i love you and am so so excited for you. what a lucky lucky lucky little gal to join your family!! love you.
You did it! and you'll be so glad. I know what you mean. Trent calls coins "points" and I totally encourage it. Don't want it to ever stop. We bought him a bike the other day and he used his Easter Egg coins and we told him he had to give all the points to the lady at the store so that we could take the bike. Of course he cried for his points as we left the store.
Oh Meva. It seems like just yesterday you were just a little boy...
HAHA!
I yuv yuv yuv! these pictures and can't wait to see the rest! Oh I wish I was there so I could be the one to cut that umbilical chord and video and help you with your breathing and give Jason the boot!! It's ok, I won't ever tell him I was your first choice labor coach. It would really hurt him feelins.
You just wait till Cici starts dating. It's been a really rough transition for us. Now call meh!
Yuver!
You look beautiful! Those pictures are awesome. Hang in there.
Post a Comment