Last night NorthStar rented out the skating rink, Classic Skate in Orem for a little 80's dance/skate party. Before we get to last night's pictures, I wanted to share a little gem, give you all a blast from the past.
Just take a gander at 'im. Complete with feathery brushed hair and a wee lit'ol mullet. Look at 'im sportin' that letterman's jacket with such finesse, playing his board game at home, with his wee lit'ol Garfield T-shirt and sweats on. This is the man I married folks. This is him in his glory days. When I still hadn't yet even completed the D.A.R.E. program.
Fast-forward to present day: He's put on a little muscle here and there since then, but he really hasn't changed too much. Same mullet, sportin' that same jacket, representin' Granger High with pride. Ooooh how much you wanna make a bet he can throw a football over them mountains?... Yeah...If Coach woulda put him in fourth quarter, they would've been state champions. No doubt. Ooooh man, if he could just go back in time. He'd take state.
We were pleasantly surprised to see these little skates that they rent out to minis- just clamp 'em on over the shoes and it's party time! Still a little too big for Miss Lucy.
This next pic is of Lucy trying to get in on some of that dance floor action.
Sweet moves. Mind if I join?
That little blond might be the smallest of the group but it was clear she was definitely the alpha female. Look, just because you wore the right color doesn't mean you're one of us. You haven't proved anything.
Lucy doesn't like to show off but as initiation into the group she was forced to break dance for several minutes, spinning on her head and freezing in many diverse positions. After that they had no choice but to welcome her to the dance party with open arms.
And the moment of victory arrives... it was just as sweet as he thought it would be. He didn't mind making fools of several little girls between the ages of 7 to 13 by beating them so badly, in fact he reveled in it. And then when their parents weren't looking he knocked them down on the rink, and glided away in triumph. O'doyles rule!!
I haven't had me some good roller skating for quite some time. I'd forgotten how invigorating that wind feels in your hair as you land from a triple axle. You know what I'm talking about. We will definitely be back!

6 comments:
You guys do the funnest things!!! Jason looks pretty hot in that first pic! :)
this is freaking amazing.
three things:
1. AGAIN we must have not gotten our invites in the mail.
2. i hate you for being that skinny postpartum
3. your kids are stinking cute and jason wellllll he needs a haircut.
love you and miss you
Oh my goodness! Jason's pants tucked into his socks is my absolute FAVE! I don't know why that didn't come back w/ all the other 80's stuff lately ... it's the best and yet the worst at the same time ... ha ha ha!
Loved this! You are so funny. I love how you can pull the best movie lines out of nowhere!! ;) Totally diggin' Jasons glory days! Lucy looks like she had a blast and looks ADORABLE in all those pics. And yes, it is quite invigorating to feel the wind in your hair! Over Christmas we took the kids to the skating rink here and as I was circling the rink (with the wind in my hair) I couldn't wipe that stupid goofy grin off my face like I was 13 again!! Haha!
Your little family is always up to somethig fun, or maybe its just that you make silly events look wonderful!!
Hil.ar.ious. The Garfield tee steals the scene though in that first picture - too bad he didn't save that one. ;)
You look amazing Meradith!
Post a Comment