Thursday, June 24, 2010

A little tribute

Happy Happy Birthday to the man I love! June 21st is a very special day indeed! Lots of things I love about him. Permission to toot his horn! (Permission granted... by me.)

You love me. You love our girls. You are honest and loyal. You have a bigger sweet tooth than me, so I never feel bad about myself after I binge. You make me laugh. I make you laugh. You are adventurous. You love Saved by the Bell and Mean Girls. You work so hard. You like to snuggle and watch movies. You are determined and goal oriented. You are an amazing birthing coach. You take the garbage out. You let me flat iron your hair once. You sleep on the couch if you're snoring. You gave me a garden. You are virtuous. You like musicals and plays. You will do the dishes. You are patient. You want me to succeed. You push me to my limits. You let me use your razor sometimes. You forgive me. You collect worms and bugs with Lucy. You follow through with what you say you'll do. You are a wonderful teacher and speaker. You grew up on a farm. You love Heavenly Father's creations. You are humble. You and only you put you through all of your schooling. You are compassionate. You don't think I'm gross or ugly on my gross and ugly days. You take sexy pictures of yourself in waterfalls...

(The only thing missing in this pic is blue steel.)
And the list could go on and on and on. 'Tis true. We are more than happy to celebrate you every year for many many reasons!

*This picture was taken while he was vacationing in Costa Rica, and I was on my mission in Paraguay. I was covered in dirt and sweat in church clothes, clunky shoes and white ankle socks, picking worms out of my feet (atrocious, I know-- and I'm talking about the white ankle socks and clunky church shoes being the atrocious part). Anyway, while living in a third world country, trying to talk to people who for the most part didn't want to talk to me, he would send me an occasional picture like this to help remind me of why I was there and not gallivanting around the world with him. It was really awesome of him. (Ok, so maybe he didn't send me pictures of his topless self, but they did perhaps border on risque for a missionary.) Then I'd pass the pics around to the other sister missionaries and there would be lots of awkward squeals and giggling and "Parece Rambo!" (He looks like Rambo!). So I only thought it was fair to send him this picture of me as a sister missionary during our morning exercise routine:
Look how different my long blond hair made me look back then. Crazy.

Okay, onto his birthday celebration! It's that time again folks. That's right, we hit up Seven Peaks again for some good splishin' and splashin'
And don't forget posin' for the camera...
Scarlett especially loved the waterslides.
Lucy wandered out in the wave pool by herself, told dad she wanted some alone time to meditate and do yoga.
In deep thought again, contemplating the mysteries of the universe. Or thinking about mac and cheese, one of the two.
After a day in the sun we came back to our place for some grub. I took a peek around during the prayer on the food and much to my dismay this was going on... Becky whisper-yelling at Brandon to hurry up and give her some cake... Some people are just so rude. And so I took a picture... in the middle of the prayer as well.
Here's a shot of the family looking in adoration at Jason. Surprisingly, they weren't looking at Lucy sticking her hand in the frosting who was sitting on his lap... no, no they didn't even notice her. They were looking at Jason, thinking about how much they love him.

Look at Lucy eyein' that cake.
Another great party for the books! Happy Birthday Jason Seely!

5 comments:

Jessica and Mike Stosich said...

Hahaha, this post makes me laugh! That's freakin awesome your hubby once let you flat iron his hair, how cool is that!
You have a beautiful family Meradith. Your girls are gorgeous, they are a good mix of you and Jason. And i love love Lucy's bathingsuit, where did you get it? I've never seen one that looks like that, too cute. Tell your hubby Happy Bday. :)

Brandon and Becky Patrick said...

Nice post as always Mera! You need to teach me your secrets to blogging....How do you find the time to put together such masterpieces?! And of course I need to comment on the cake eating shot :) You can't blame me for being so anxious to get a piece of that delicious "Castaco" cake! I love it!

Mark and Lachelle said...

Happy birthday to your Sylvestor Stalone look-a-like hubs!! Any guy that watches Saved by the Bell, and Mean Girls is definitely a keeper! (That's why I am keeping mine around too!) ;)

Gotta love 7 Peaks! And gotta love those delicious cakes even more. I'm thinking I need me some of both!

Courtney said...

Meradith, you are too funny. I def think you must go blonde... again. Just like that picture.

On an unrelated note, where is Jason in that picture? We're likely headed to Costa Rica this winter and I'm thinking I need to see this waterfall in its entirety.

Would you ask him and get back to me? Thanks!

Anonymous said...

you are hilarous! looks like he has a great family to celebrate with.