We had quite the eventful weekend over Memorial Day! My mom and dad came down and we had Carson for the weekend as well. Started off the weekend right, at the Bean Museum. As in, the Monte L. Bean Science museum on BYU campus. Until recently, I thought it was a museum of all different kinds of beans. And still thought it would be interesting, but wasn't dyin' to get myself over there. It was much more than beans! And the kids loved it.
These cousins adore each other. {I sorta think they might have little crushes on one other. I remember when I was tiny and had a crush on my older cousin, Ben. I was about 16. Just kidding. But still... I relate.}
I guess Lucy didn't realize, "Please do not touch," includes not picking the animals' noses. She'll try to pick your nose too if you let her. Don't you let her. Don't you dare let her.
Lucy and aunt Cathy, talking politics. That night she told me, "Cathy was a little more liberal on some issues than I was expecting, which was fine... just unexpected." 22 month-olds say the darnedest things. And yes, that is in fact how you spell darnedest.
Scarlett has learned to communicate extraordinarily well. She tells me she needs a diaper change by making one eye go slightly cross-eyed. Child prodigy material. Can't get enough of this little face.
Had to include a pic of Papa and Scarlett. Love that little white knuckle grip she's got on his shirt. So sweet.
Onto Monday! We headed down to Heidi and Steve's new place in Gunnison! Lucy could not have fit in better. She was so country... munching on raw corn :)
The neighbors down there are raising two baby raccoons. She was quite exhilarated by them. And mom washed her hands 9 times afterwards. They are mischievous, and so is Lucy. There was an instant bond. And Lucy has a bushy ringed tail, but we're having it surgically removed next week. Guess they'll always have the mischievous thing in common.
Just look at 'im. I couldn't have looked this little guy in the eye if I hadn't saved his relative that day. Still proud of it, haven't looked back since.
Jason grew up on a farm and is always saying he'd eventually like a bigger piece of land, some chickens and maybe a goat or two. I always thought I was a little too city slicker for it, (grew up in the heart of the sprawling metropolis Idaho Falls ), but there was something so very charming about being down in little Gunnison. Mostly the enormous state prison. No but seriously, there was. :) He might make a farmin' woman outta me afterall!























11 comments:
You mean to tell me, you can't pick the animals noses at museams? Maybe that's why I always get kicked out ;)
And waterballoon volleyball? Yes please!
Your little girlies are so stinking cute! Seriously!!
Camden is going to LOVE dating them! Yup, both of them. Cuz that's how he rolls ;)
OH MEVA! I wish I were there so bad! I love me some Christensen Family Activities!
I'm so happy to see you've finally decided to follow your dreams and become a raccoon breeder! They just add so much spunk and character to the neighborhoods when you release them!
3 more weeks mera! 3 more weeks!!!
P.S. 21 days exactly until I run from the airplane into your arms. And then you are leaving the very next day. Curse you Christensen Family Acitivies!!
Yes! Yes! Yes!
Member when I said, "Jason looks HUGE!" in that photo of him and Doof in front of the elephant and you were like, "What the ef, Joelle!" thinking I meant fat and I was like, "No, bob! I mean muscley!"
Me either.
Member that dream you had the other night about your sister-in-law, Kathy? That was a goodin'! You better tell her all about it.
Member MY dream where my husband confessed he "had feelings for" you, Bethany AND Shalyse? This would be a good moment to insert one of hyperboleandahalf's rage illustrations.
Oh I yuv yitta doof coupe in her coveralls (not overalls, coveralls, like the kind mechanics wear. Like loell from "wings") and piggytails! Oh! Oh! Oh! (Tying this comment into your blog post)
Look again at dad's 'UUUGE banana finger Yeti hands about to engulf poor little Scarletta's tiny body in one swipe! Holy Shiz!
P.S. my word verification is nessoraza
Is it just me or do mom's little beadies just keep getting smaller and smaller to the point where if she smiles she just automatically looks like she did a serenity eye-close at the moment the picture was taken?
My word verification is lushytoi. Say that in the "TIMMMMMMAAAYYYY HA BIB JA BAARRR!" voice.
I just laughed so hard having a second looksie at Loofy getting savagely attacked by that lil' coon! Look at her face! Sheer terror and exhilaration all in one!
Word verification: domodi. Say THAT one in the "TIMMMMAAAYYYY!" voice.
Yuver.
I love love the pic of Lucy holding the racoon. Couldn't have captured it any better! And LOVE her pigtails! It's weird when we go back to our roots and visit the little farm town of Grace, ID I kinda feel the same peace and serenity. Don't know if I could ever live there but sometimes I think the simple life would be nice!
Oh my gosh, aren't raccoons totally vicious? I am SO scared of them and they are ugly too! That raccoon better not have gotten fiesty(sp???) with princess Lucy!
Post a Comment