I've been feeling like a robot lately with the blog. Sometimes I have so much to write about. Like seriously compelled to write. And then sometimes my brain is mush and there is so much happening in our lives but I have absolutely nothing to say about anything. That's how I feel today. Mush brain. And I should probably be waking Lucy up right now from her nap. Because she turns into a crazed lunatic at bedtime when she naps too long during the day. And it's a big drama session in our house trying to wind her down. But it's just so dang peaceful and quiet right now that I'm having a hard time finding the motivation to go get her. Just 10 more minutes.
Scarlett was blessed yesterday in our church house. Her daddy gave her a beautiful blessing. June 6th, 2010 marks the 6 year anniversary from our first date. We went to "Phantom of the Opera," at the Capitol Theater. Little did we know when we were sitting there in that cozy theater... Jason inching his pinkie finger closer and closer to my pinkie finger, sweaty palms quaking with anticipation...that 6 years later to the day he would be holding a new little person that we would eventually be creating together in his arms, giving her a name and a blessing. (He decided it was too much for a first date, no matter how bad he wanted those pinkie fingers to connect, so no hand holding just yet. He might tell you that he wasn't quaking with anticipation, but I can assure you, he was. Sweating bullets, stuttering and stammering with nervousness, quaking with anticipation. That's the way I remember it. Don't you dare believe his side of the story.)
Oh glorious day! We are so thankful you've been sent to our family, Scarlett. We are so happy to be your mother and father. The spirit was so strong as your daddy gave you a blessing. We could feel how much he loves you by the tenderness in his voice and words. You are absolutely beautiful and joyful and so wonderful.
Divine Scarlett Marie laying on her very own Grandma-made-blankie...
Sissydoodles
With Papa and Grammy
With Grandma and Grandpa
We had the pleasure of having the Collard family stay with us for a few days... (That's Abe and Tiffany and co.) Abe is in med school in Pennsylvania so it was most excellent to have them here!
Kinley girl:
Calum:
Ethan:
Among other exciting news: I have a garden! I've always wanted a garden, but it's always seemed like something I would have when I was...older. So I think subconsciously I've been putting it off because only grown-ups "garden". Well, Jason spent a lot of time putting together these garden boxes for me, and I had no choice but to plant. And I realized kids can have vegetable gardens too. We will be enjoying lots of fresh salsa come August. Seriously, anything better than garden fresh tomatoes? Anything?
Still in progress:
After a few weeks: We have tomatoes and peas and carrots and squash coming up. This is my first time doing this, so it's kindof a big deal. If you've never done this, seeing the little green start to poke through the soil is much more invigorating than you expect it to be. I'm quite attached. :)
Another of baby girl looking extra scrumptious. I have an outfit that matches this, and we wear them together. I put a large diaper on too, just for added effect.
We are happy that summer weather actually finally came! Except do you ever get claustrophobic having the AC running all day long? Keeping the windows closed and knowing that you're breathing in the same recycled air you've already breathed except the oxygen content is just getting lower and lower?? I get like this in the winter, too. Maybe it's just me. One time when I was single and home alone, I got the one and only migraine I've ever had in my life and thought I was being poisoned by carbon monoxide. No logical reason I would think that. But the AC was blasting 24 hours a day and no fresh oxygen was getting in, so that's what I came up with. I crawled in agony on my hands and knees to the door and burst it open, laying there in the doorway taking in big gasps of fresh, hot air. Then I puked. And my migraine didn't go away with the fresh air. The point is, constant air conditioning gives me the heebie jeebies for some reason, even though I'm really grateful for it. I don't think the AC has actually killed anyone, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did. Sorry for the tangent.
Another reason we lack fresh air in our house is because Lucy can open the doors, so they are dead bolted 24 hours a day. Lucy thinks she is being held in prison, thankfully the little runt hasn't figured out how to unlock them yet. I'm not really holding her prisoner, we go outside every single day. And once she gets out there she runs and runs and doesn't really look back. She revels in the freedom. She is a little Huck Finn discovering snails and rollie pollie bugs and earth worms. We're pretty much Swiss Family Robinson, I'll be riding an ostrich around in no time.
7 comments:
Mer! Dave agrees with AC issues, and now that I think about it AC probably has killed someone we just don't know about it.
I want a tomatoe garden!!! Can I say I am totally jealous of your backyard? Cuz, I totally am! Love your family pictures. Darling, sweet, beautiful, blessed family. Miss you guys!
great pictures of the little one, and you do have a great backyard, that's so fun! we miss you!!! Dave and I were just talking last night about how we wish we could hang out with you guys!
Beautiful photos -- when we got home from Colorado on Sunday and saw all the cars, I thought, "Oh darn, they've blessed Scarlett and we missed it!" I'm glad everything went well and wish I could have been there!
Oh, and your garden looks lovely.
You are the best blogger ever! Chris and I have a very similar first date experience:) I love the blessing pictures..Scarlett is so beautiful in her dress!..and I'm incredibly jealous of your backyard..Addy would be in heaven!
SOOO scrumptious!
Such beautiful children! Can't wait to see you guys again!
Post a Comment