Monday, March 1, 2010

A Lesson on Love

Lucia starts out the morning pondering the mysteries of the cosmos... deep in thought.
Becomes suddenly and instantly overcome with drunken happiness as neighbor kitty approaches...
Mother can see by his smug attitude that he knows he's got the control in the relationship, but can she see that? Of course not.
Spending quality time together, getting to know each other.
Things appear to be going well.
Cat decides he'd like to get a little frisky and swats at Lucy, gives her a little scratch on the hand. She immediately starts to cry in quite a panic. Mother intervenes, and while attempting to get pregnant tush up from the deck steps and get over to her, starts barking and growling like a dog at cat to chase it away because the friskiness and volatility will not be tolerated with her baby. Cat turns on mother's ankle. Mother gives kitty the boot, very literally. Cat scampers away but is back pawing at our door just minutes after the altercation. Mother knew he'd be back even after his shameful behavior.
Lucy wonders why he did that when she thought things were going so well between them. Says she didn't even see it coming.
Listens intently to mother's wisdom, that the only ones who have the power to hurt us are the ones we love most. Mother also tries to tell her she was coming on too strong and she can't let him know right away how much she likes him...
Continues to cry because she wants to ask him where she went wrong and what she's supposed to do now with her broken heart. Mother tells her she can't ask him those things... she's got to keep her dignity.
Mother tries to reason with her, but eventually it isn't reasoning with her that calms her. It's the suckie.
*I hope to keep the pacifier around for when she is 18 (I think that's when I started liking boys if my memory serves me right). I'm pretty sure the suckie will still be the solution. Plus me barking like a dog at any suitors that come her way... that should weed out the bad ones.*

Ya know, I think she really does love that kitty. I should probably destroy this footage so she can't torture herself watching it over and over again with a tub of ice cream. Happier times between the two...

8 comments:

Jill Wilson said...

I love how you wrote that!!! Was quite enjoyable :) I am still mad that Kenz and Darc got to meet this little bundle and I have continued to be deprived.

Vanessa said...

OH.MY.HELL Meva! I can't handle this! Those last pictures of Loofy up close! Her face is so angelic. I miss her so much!

Leah is looking over my shoulder as I type right now saying, "CiCi! CiCi!"

Don't feel too bad... Leah has fallen victim to the cunning seduction of that little casanova cat as well! I've related this story to her and she's vowed never to let him near her again... so Loofy's attack was not in vain!

Sarah said...

If only I had had your careful guidance (and boot) those many times. Your daughter is in good hands come puberty.

Leah said...

Lucy is lucky to have you there to teach her such things! I think keeping the suckie around til 18 is such a good idea!! Love her hair, she is a doll!

Kent Kate & Afton said...

That first picture is too much. Oh my gosh! how funny!

Curt said...

I love Lucy clomping around the deck after the kitty! Do you remember when I had you doing the same thing when you were about that same age . . . only it was with that big wild raccoon that lived in our back yard in Manassas . . .

Jill T said...

I had fun picturing you bark like a dog--you are hilarious. I just love reading your blog--a fabulous distraction for me! Lucia is darling with her little pony tail by the way! What a cutie.

kacy faulconer said...

Sorry Lucy, kitty's just not that into you.