Remember the cute little furry guy from last post who's been visiting our crawl space basement, eating sunflower seeds, stacking the shells ever so nicely and whistling a merry tune all the while? Yeah...not so much. I am so over him. Can I just say, trying to hold back the nausea, that upon further investigation, that there is mouse poop on every shelf in my kitchen pantry? And holes in our rice and cereal bags? And in every cupboard and drawer of my kitchen? I. am. freaking. out. My days of protecting him are over. Trying to find him to set him free is no longer the objective. What's worse is that there is way too much poop for me to believe it is just one mouse. Either that, or this one mouse has been living with us for MONTHS, leaving his droppings as gifts for us everywhere he's been. Which I can't believe either, because we have never seen anything or noticed any holes in the food. I am in denial but may have to face the evidence of a mouse infestation. And they've gone from that image above to this below in a mere 48 hours.
Been having nightmares of an entire mouse colony making off with my newborn child, chanting to their mouse king as they carry her off in preparation for their fire dancing-ceremonious sacrifice. So, today I am trying not to be paranoid and am disinfecting every single inch of my kitchen. I will move throughout the rest of the house here shortly after. My farm boy husband is taking care of the rest, and enthused to do so. I do find consolation in the fact that we have him to protect us:
Look at 'im with 'is wee lit'ol bug net. He's caught one mouse already. He was a major bug catcher slash collector slash frog slash small rodent chaser growing up. Hasn't changed a whole heep since this pic was taken. ALL boy this one. So, when he is home I have no fear.
In the mean time (until we get this problem completely resolved) I will feel like supreme dub-T continuing to discover rodent feces scattered throughout my home in all the nooks and crannies. Just because I hate them now and want them hunted down and out of my house forever doesn't mean I'm not still tender hearted. I do have a tender heart. It's just mostly for her. And for the guy who helped me make her.



7 comments:
Oh we had one too! (Actually 5 that we caught over a two month period. One ran over my foot!!! I am getting a little sick thinking about it.) I don't know how many times I disinfected my house. It makes you feel like you keep a dirty house. I felt very protective of Afton too. I am so so so sorry.
Oh no! I hope you get him soon. Feel free to borrow a kitty or two to scope out the crawl space and the pantry for you. We've been mostly mouse-free over here, with the exception of the one Allison caught and tried to keep as a pet that later got loose in our house -- http://handsfullmom.blogspot.com/2009/07/well-hes-not-dead-yet.html
Could Lucia Divina be more divina? No. No she couldn't.
As for those little mouse bastages... I don't know what to say aside from that I have complete willies. Ew ew ew!
I can't even think of anything funny to say because these sorts of matters are so distressing. Remember when Sam and I had to bag and lauder all of our clothes, towels, sheets, drapes, etc while our apartment got fumigated for bedbugs? And we had to do it for three treatments? I will freak out right now just thinking about it.
I'm so sody meda!
Yikes Mer!!! Glad you are protectin your chilins' and yes I will verify you DO have a very tender heart....
My cat Ozzy could stay with you for a few days. He's merciless. I fear him.
Oh Meradith - you.should.write.a.book. No joke, your posts make me laugh out loud and I find myself thinking, "I could read a chapter of this kind of stuff a day!" ;)
Ok, I would be so freaked out too! No soft spot anymore! When they start leaving poop behind in kitchen cupboards and such, it's definitely time to exterminate! Hope Jason gets them! That picture of him is so dang adorable. I see the resemblance with him and Lucy so much. She is a doll!
Post a Comment