Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A little update, A lot of pictures

We got to enjoy the AZ sunshine again this last weekend! I really love being able to see family so much lately because NorthStar has a Chandler office right now that the hub is frequenting on a regular basis and Lucy and I tag along. Grammy and Papa were there as well. AZ is always so lovely this time of year. Getting lovelier here by the week as well thank goodness!! As always, we missed you Palmers and Pennsylvania Collards. :(

Feeding ducks at the nearby park. Lucy would have definitely jumped in a few times if we weren't reining her in. She is an adventurous soul.
Grammy and Papa. I bet it's kindof surreal when you start having grandbabies by the dozens and look around and realize all these little munchkins are here because the two of you decided to get hitched. What champs.
Not so sure how she feels about slides yet.
Miss Elyza Darien. Little superstar.
Miss Olivia Belle. Love those big browns.
Aunty Bethany
Alexandra and Isaiah. (Poor Isaiah is being mutilated by a shot of direct sunlight in the eyes.:)
Papa and Jason hoopin' it up. Only a slight scuffle broke out between the two when Jason called my dad a ho during their game of horse, and my dad kicked him in the shin. Luckily it broke up quickly and they ended up hugging it out.

I wish you could hear Lucy saying "And 1," right here in this next one. Kids say the darndest things.
Unfortunately we discovered a house guest upon our return. It was a homeless man named Barry, sleeping in our bed. haha. Truthfullly, I went downstairs into our 4 foot crawl space to root through some food storage and discovered these sunflower seed shells perfectly stacked on just these two cans. What an odd discovery. At first I thought Jason had been going down there to eat seeds in secret because of the neat little stacks. But upon further investigation...
Including holes chewed in the package...
and an empty gas tank and mouse droppings in this vehicle...
I concluded it wasn't Jason at all. Yes folks we have a mouse. I grabbed Lucy and almost gave myself a hernia scurrying out of there so fast when the realization hit me, but then wondered what I was so scared of once I got out of there and closed the door. Jason brought home some traps and set them out the next day. They are the glue kind. I told him he needed to check it every night and morning because I don't wanna starve the thing to death. I know I'm a pansie. I was hoping we could find it still alive and we could set it free somewhere far away, but then I started thinking about the poor guy living the rest of his life with glue pasted to his little front paws from the trap and how much junk he would accumulate on them and how annoying that would be, so then I thought maybe passing away would be more merciful for him. I'm conflicted. Maybe you remember this and maybe you think I am PETA crazy or something, but really, I just have a tender heart. Plus, he was just so organized with that shelling! I've had much messier house guests. I'll keep you posted on the status of our little intruder.

7 comments:

Frankman's said...

Mer - you look gorgeous! and lucy is adorable too, i'm so excited to have a girl!

Courtney said...

Though I can't fully explain it, seeing any portion (or derivative) of the Collard clan fills me with this exquisite joy!

And, we had a mouse for about 10 minutes before I fled to Lowes and bought those sonic mouse-chaser things you plug into outlets...

Our declawed cats did us NO good, and I was frightened to death of the the thought of a snap trap catching it and having to see the little thing--though I certainly didn't want it in my house (or garage, where it was)

The sonic thing worked wonders.

You look amazing-- hope you feel it this far into pregnancy...

Eric & Aimei Phillips said...

Mer, you are so funny...I imagined Jason hiding in the crawl space eating his seeds...I'm ashamed to admit it, I clicked on the "this" link you added in anticipation of some gnarly PETA anti mouse pad picture of some mouse with half of it's skin ripped off...wow, TMI...anyway, I'm jealous of the sunny pictures!!!

bethany said...

Mer...come back...love having you guys here. And I actually think dad and Jason's game was interrupted by guy on the field who we though broke his leg in half....haha...turned out to be a small sprain...hahaha.

Cam and Meagan said...

What! You were in good ole AZ and you didn't call?!?! text, facebook or blog me?!

Ouch. I miss you!

Cam, Ella and I will be in Utah the first week of April. I hope you see you. It's been way too long.

Leah said...

Don't you just love the AZ sun??!! It makes living so far from fam bearable.

I never has such a soft spot for animals until I had kids! Now I feel so bad for the tiny creatures and can't bear the thought of having a mouse in my house but even worse, killing it!! I feel your pain!

Leah said...

Don't you just love the AZ sun??!! It makes living so far from fam bearable.

I never has such a soft spot for animals until I had kids! Now I feel so bad for the tiny creatures and can't bear the thought of having a mouse in my house but even worse, killing it!! I feel your pain!

And you look gorgeous in pink! And still so tiny for being so close, you suck!